Sunday, March 20, 2016

Stitches get Itches (11365)

The first night out of the hospital went fairly well.  I am already missing the hospital adjustable bed but other than that we are doing well.  We have a few wedge pillows and I get up to walk around then resettle in a slightly different position so that helps.  Stacey has been pretty amazing through the process of me trying to bark an order (as kindly as I can ) and her doing her best to get me positioned quickly and comfortably without frustrations.  She is also managing my pill schedule well and keeping me medicated and happy for the most part.

The stitches and other wounds, like IV and drain ports are starting to itch.  The good news is that they are the good, I'm healing, sort of itching... but it is still slightly bothersome.  We are really working on not twisting but also trying to give me the most independent mobility as possible.  It is a balance and we want to do well with progressing without overdoing it and causing issues.

I am feeling really well.  Much better than I thought that I would at this point.  That is a huge blessing!  Stacey and I are getting along well but we are still working on our communication in the heat of pain or movements.  There have been moments of stress or pain and when the pills are not working well we both have moments of discouragement or frustration but most of our time has been really sweet these past few days.

We are so blessed to have the support team that we do and all the comments and prayers have been so encouraging.  The recovery journey is underway and though it is long it has already been mostly happy.  We have again seen the hand of God though comfort and blessings too many to count.

We have another night or two here in Saint Louis then we will be making the journey home.  We are starting to get really home sick.  We miss friends and family, but mostly we miss our little girls.  They are so special and unique and loud that the silence, though welcome occasionally, has grown sort of melancholy.  We cannot wait to see them again and hear about their adventures this week.  I am ready for some soft hugs and some good talks with our little ones.  We love our crazy busy life full of pink and passionate princesses and cannot wait for a little noise again... then maybe we would need a break again... but for now we are just sick enough to ache for all the craziness.

Perhaps the next update will come shortly or perhaps we will have another few days prior to feeling up to it...  Either way thanks again for checking in!

Jon Michael Moorehead

No comments:

Post a Comment