Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Dad through the night (11361)

My dad stayed through the night last night.  It was nice to open my eyes and have dad here.  Luckily though, my eyes were closed more often than they were open and I slept well.  I am still on ice chips only so I sleep for about an hour or two the have to get ice in my incredibly dry mouth.  Dad was quick with ice and to scratch my legs and toes (which seem so far away now).  Mom and dad are on the way back home now so we will not see them again until Sunday or Monday when we start the journey home.

That day seems far away but we are getting closer every day.  Today had a few more mile stones.  I was able to roll over and stand with very little assistance, which is just seems too crazy sometimes. We are in awe of what the surgery team was able to accomplish while still leaving me in good enough condition to feel this well. There are a good deal of "do nots" on the warning sheet PT gave us but after getting up and standing I was able to walk out to the hall and back.  All in all I am feeling sore but very good.  There will be some more rough days as we continue but with every little step we are rejoicing for each victory leading us to restoration in my broken body.

Just as it was nice for dad to be here through the night I couldn't help but think of all the ways that my heavenly father has been here with provisions and comfort whenever I looked up and needed anything He was already providing.  I am loved and so grateful.

We have been told that we are likely on schedule to get checked out of the hospital this Saturday so we are clicking right along.  We know we are in good hands here but we are also itching to get back to the comfort of home and to spend more time with our precious girls.

We were able to call our ladies today which did my heart good.  They are having a blast with friends this week and we praise God for that provision and the people who have loved us and stood in the gap this week.

This post andtook a while to write... It is easier when my eyes stay open.  I did get rolled over to my side so I think I am going to get some sleep.

Until the next update,
Jon Michael Moorehead

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Michael. We will continue to pray for a good and speedy recovery for you and that you will be able to ride home with relative comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael, this is the guy that your friend Alicia reached out to for info about your surgery last year. I'm so glad that you have gotten through the first steps of standing tall again! It sounds like you are doing quite well thus far. I'll keep an eye on the blog to see how you're doing and if you ever want to talk, Alicia has my email info and we can get connected.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott, we are so very grateful for you and your help! You and Alicia were the starting point in the journey to getting my husband healthy again. He lived in so much pain for so many years, and because of you he is now on his way to getting healthy again! We have seen God's hand so many times throughout this journey, so many ways we couldn't begin to imagine. We would love to keep in touch with you as his journey continues. We have 6 little girls at home and we are looking forward to bike rides, hikes, swimming, and maybe even some roller coasters in a year(or two)! All our thanks, Stacey and Michael Moorehead

      Delete